Well, it has been almost two weeks and I still haven't posted a blog about the most exciting thing to happen to Grant and me since our wedding! On September 19th, Grant and I welcomed out little Will into our family! We named him William Curtis, in honor of his dad and great grandpa and Curtis which is my mom's maiden name. He was born at 9:23 am, weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 inches long.
I know I am a little bias but I think he is the sweetest little baby I have ever seen! It has only been two weeks, but I can't imagine Grant's and my life without him. When he first got here, he was placed in NICU for some rapid breathing but got that cleared up right away and is doing great now (up until yesterday when he got his circumcision).
The first week, my mom came down to help me out and then my dad came down later that week for a few days as well. Grant has been able to work from home several days and his work has been really flexible with him, so with all the great help I've had the transition into mommy-hood has been great!
First Bath at home
He is a great eater, which isn't too big of a surprise with who he has as parents. Yesterday when we weighed him at the doctor's office he had almost gained another pound and weighed 9 lbs. 2 oz. I think a lot of that weight has gone to his cheeks because they have seemed to fill out.
Well, I know this is pretty short but believe it or not this is the third time I have tried to sit down and blog but kept getting interrupted. So I wanted to just post a few pictures and let everyone know baby Will and I (and Grant) are all doing great! I am trying to figure out how to do slideshows on your blog so hopefully there will be more pictures to come!
22 comments:
I just love him already! :) He is just so cute! I am so happy for you guys! what a fun thing! miss you all!
-D&K
Congratulations! He is such a cutie. I am so excited for both of you--I know you will be awesome parents.
Teresa he is so cute!! Enjoy this little baby time, it goes by so fast.
I hadn't seen the picture of you holding Will in your hospital bed. He is adorable. And I'm glad your transition has been so smooth. That's the kind of start you want! We love you all!
Yeah! He is so cute. And you care looking great too Teresa. Congratulations!
I love it and I can't wait to hold him with his squishy cheeks!! I will be the favorite aunt. :)
Oh he is adorable!!!! He looks so cuddly and yummy! And what's this with you looking all perfect at the hospital??? You're making everyone else look bad! ha ha!
Congrats! It wonderful to see the new edition to your family! He is beautiful!!!
BY the way the comment previous to this one is us, the gundersons. We had the wrong account signed in :)
ditto Sara! But Teresa always looks perfect.
He's beautiful!
congrats he is so cute you look dang good teres well good luck its awesome and they grow so fast braxton is almost 4 months
He's so adorable.. not to mention his hot mommy!! Did you lug that big suitcase thingy with makeup to the hospital!? love it. Congrats you two!!
We are so happy for you! He is adorable. Isn't it funny how quickly your life can change for the better? Love him, enjoy him, and cherish him. And please keep sharing those pictures.
Congrats!!! He is so preciousl. He looks so cute and I'm happy tht you are all doing so great. There really is nothing like a newborn--just try to enjoy it cause it goes so fast (I keep reminding myself of that). Love you lots--and I am so happy for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I guess this is late coming! So happy for you guys. Will is quite the handsome fella and Theresa, you look amazing! Good grief woman! ;) Love ya! Hope all continues to go well.
Congrats! Baby boys are so much fun! I had my first little boy (I have 2 girls too), a month before you. Our little ones were about the same size when they were born. It's crazy how big the get...and fast! I'm glad you're enjoying being a mommy...it's good times! Enjoy that baby!!
Amy (anderson) DeWaal
OH MY!!! I love Will!! He is so so so cute!! I miss you Teresa!! You look amazing and Will is beautiful!! Congrats to you guys!!!
Congratulations Teresa! So fun to see your new family. Our littlest one was born on the 23rd, just a few days after yours. They do grow up fast!
Congrats! Little Will is adorable. I am so happy for your little family!
Congratulations, he is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see him in person. Glad both Mom, Dad and baby are doing well. You all look so cute. Keep in touch......
Congrats Teresa and Grant. He is adorable.
Congratulations Teresa! He is adorable! I'm so excited for you two!
Post a Comment