This was our first ultrasound that I got when I went in to the doctor's for the first time. I was only about 11 weeks along so there really wasn't much to make out. The left side is the head and the right side is the tail/bottom of the torso. The darker patch by the head is the heart beat, but is hard to tell on a still picture. In this view we also can see one of his little arms, which Grant likes to refer to as tyrannosaur's arms because they are more like little nubs than useful appendages right now.
The day we went to the doctor's office, Grant met me there. But before he had left that morning for work, he thought he should bring the camera in case there was a Kodak moment that we would want to capture. However, afterwards, when we were back out in the waiting area, he said he felt like a pervert for bringing a camera into an ob/gyn doctor's office. I thought it was pretty funny, but am so glad for how excited Grant is about the baby and wanting to be involved as much as possible.
Since he had to go back to work after the doctor's appointment, I asked him if he wanted to take the ultrasound to show the people he worked with. He just gave me this look and said, "I work with a bunch of guys, if I took that in, they would think it looked like a bean." This is where the loving name of "the Bean" has come about since we don't know if it is a boy or a girl.

14 comments:
so funny! We called Oliver "bean" when he was at that stage...great minds...
we miss you guys!
Josh, Malinda and Ollie
Thats so awesome...I love getting US they are so exciting
you said he and his.....hmmm.....
Teresa, I was so excited to see a link to your blog from Krista's blog. Congratulations on your baby--I know you will be the best Mom!
I love the ultrasounds at that stage--they are funny but nice to see something actually growing inside of you and a beating heart. That is my favorite part about each appointment (hearing the heartbeat). We have our ultrasound on Tuesday--so we'll get to find out then. I'm so glad that you are blogging!
Congrats!!! I can't wait for cute baby Mullin to arrive. This was definetly a good plan to have a baby so you'd still get visitors in AZ.
Hey Teresa, its Lyndsey! Haven't talked to you in a while. Congrats on the bean & the new car! How fun! Good to see you're doing well =)
Hey! Well thanks, we think she's pretty cute too! Thanks for the congrats on getting married too-- lol-- we actually got married not too long after you moved-- Crazy story-- believe me! We're actually here in good old Utah county still. I specialized in cardiac sonography so I'm just working part time at the hospital. Are you guys liking Arizona? Is Grant still thinking about-- was it law school? How's radiation therapy?
I think the new background is way cute! ;) Thanks for telling us about the suit sale. Mike ended up getting that gray stripe one for $85! Can't wait to see them in their suits on Sunday!
Ash
Congratulations on the little beenie. We are happy for you both. Lets do dinner again. We want to keep up on the baby bump news. Oh yea, we want to see you too Grant.
Your baby is beautiful! or at least i am sure it will be the picture is a little fuzzy. Congrats! We sure do miss you guys.
-Garrett and Mindinator
So at FHE, Rebecca wanted us all to say what we thought you'd be having. I asked Zachary several times, in different orders, and he would only say "no" if I ended with boy, but "girl" if I ended with girl. Then he said "girl" a couple more times on his own and even raised his hand on the girl voting time, but not the boy voting time. It was pretty funny. There is no question in his mind! :)
(I'm putting Zachary's vote in your poll.)
Love you and miss you guys so much!
Ohhhh! How exciting! Congratulations you guys...i'm definitely gonna vote for a little girl...with grant's cute rosie cheeks!
So excited I finally found you. I looked for "mighty," "magnificent," couldn't remember what yours started with... then it hit me in the shower "MEGA." I am SO excited for you guys!! THe ultrasound is the best all of a sudden the pregnancy and the baby are real!
Post a Comment