4.20.2008

It's a ...

BOY!!    

     On Friday, Grant and I went in for our ultrasound.  I have to admit going into this appointment, I was convinced in my mind that we were having a girl period.  Not just because of the poll that we took, but it did help me feel more confidant, but because of several years ago when I was in Europe we did this type of palm reading thing where you dangle a ring from a hair over the palm of your hand and then depending on how it will spin or swing, it will tell you if you are having a boy or girl, how many kids and in what order.  I know there are many of you out there who are disbelievers, but I have predicted all 5 of my niece and nephews and in the correct order.   So naturally, I did not doubt "the ring" when it said I would have a girl first, however, it also said I was going to have 7 kids and I must admit I have never given that prediction any credit whatsoever.  
So going into this appointment, I really did not even think about what I would do if it was a boy, even though Grant has been insisting that it is. Grant, on the other hand, has been insisting that the "strength of his sperm" would create a "male heir."  Once we got started, I was watching to see if I could tell the baby was a girl, but after a few moments, even I could see before the sonographer said anything that our little girl was NOT a girl but a baby boy!  I'll be honest, I am very excited to be having a little boy, but my first reaction was disbelief.  I kept thinking, "There's no way that Grant's sperm is that strong and he has his arms and feet up around his head, how can we really be sure."  But then as if he could read my mind he would flash us and give everyone a clear look that we was indeed a boy (I think this must be a Mullin trait).  
      I think one of the reasons why this was  at first hard to accept is because Grant has predicted the whole pregnancy, he knew I was pregnant even before I did.  So I couldn't help but notice when the sonographer said, "It's a boy!"  that Grant got what  I lovingly call "the smirk of victory."       
Then with a quick glance at Grant, the sonographer told us that everything was normal...comparatively speaking.   The baby even gave us a thumb's up sign to let us know he's doing good (which is a White trait because of our large thumbs)! 
  Needless to say, we are both thrilled to be having a baby boy!   

10 comments:

Gilbrides said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. We are so happy for you. You guys will be the best parents.

Staci said...

hey congrats thats awesome boys are the best!

Malinda said...

Wahoo!!! Now Oliver has a best friend : )

Josh said...

That's coool. Now you don't have to worry about having a daughter that would want to go on dates and stuff (with guys like us!!).

I hope to see you soon. I have decieded to take the month of May off... maybe we'll all run into eachother?

Lindsey said...

YAY! How fun. I can just see the look on Grant's face when he was proven right. That smug little fart face.

sara said...

yay! You will be so cute with a boy! I know how you felt- I was sure I was having a girl... but alas, Richie won just like Grant. :)

Nances said...

Yeah...Congratulations. It's always so reassuring to see you baby on the ultrasound and hear that everything is looking great. I'm excited for you...I loved having a boy first (although that's all the experiance I have).

gassins said...

Hey Teresa! It's Lindsay (gunnell) gassin! I ran across your blog from Kristen's blog. Congrats on the baby boy!

The P*dunc's said...

Boys are so fun! Congratulations!

gassins said...

Hey! Good to hear from you! Congrats again on your baby boy. Yes, my hubby is doing his anesthesia residency here at the "mother ship"! ;) We have a couple of opportunities to do an "away rotation" in Arizona and Florida these next few years. We should totally get together!! How fun would that be!?!
lindsay gassin