6.02.2011

One Down, Two More to Go!!

     Grant just finished up his first year of law school (and when I say "just" I mean, he finished about a month ago, but I am just getting around to posting it).  We just got grades today and Grant did such a great job in school this year!  I am so proud of him for all of his hard work and time that he put into his studying!  It really paid off!  We feel really fortunate that he also got a paid clerkship for the summer and even better it is right around the corner from us!  So now he can walk to work and be home literally within 5 minutes!  I have been busy this last semester, with being at home with Will and then also watching two more kids 4 days a week.  I don't think I have ever worked so hard for what felt like so little, this is also including the time as a child when I thought my parents were breaking child manual labor laws and making me do garden work!  Will has developed into such a talker, which probably doesn't surprise many of you who know Grant and me, but I love to hear him talk!  Most of the time he is talking about the cookie monster that lives in our house, who was at first confined to the basement, but has made his escape several times and made his way upstairs.  Will has also started learning to express himself, and will often tell me when he is "frustated!"  This last week in nursery, he was arguing with a little boy over a chair and after a few moments of pulling the chair back and forth he just looked at him and  exclaimed, "I am so frustated!  It drive me nuts!"  All his nursery leaders thought it was pretty funny and amazing that he could express himself instead of just hitting the little boy.
     Since it has obviously been a while since I have posted anything.  I thought I would just post a bunch of random pictures of things that have been happening for our family.  These first couple of pictures are some family pictures that we had taken while we were in Utah at Christmas time.





    Then at the beginning of April, Marianne and her friend, Logan, came out for a visit and we had a lot of fun with them here!

Grant and I out on the grounds by the Winter Quarters temple.

Marianne, Logan, and Will pushing a handcart at the Mormon Trail Center.
Here Marianne is being a great aunt and playing with Will!  He loves those capes and when he found out Marianne would race back and forth across the apartment with him, I think he asked her daily to play with capes!  What a great sport Marianne was!





  It is not a great picture of the bridge but this is some monument they have by the Missourri River with this Pedestrian Bridge that you can walk across.  It is the longest pedestrian bridge to connect two states in the country!  That's right folks! I have it right here in Omaha! The next one down is a picture of Marianne, Will and me on the actual bridge!





These pictures are of Will on Easter morning!  We got a little wagon that he loves to
 go for rides in around the house, zoo, or just about anywhere someone will take him!


Will is super excited about all the eggs he found!  Who wouldn't be with all that candy!

   That pretty much sums up a lot of what we have been doing for the last little while.  We don't have too many plans for the summer, just excited for my parents to visit in two weeks and then Grant's mom a couple of weeks after that!  Maybe if I am feeling ambitious, I will take more pictures and post more of our little happenings, but I am definitely not going to make promises!

  

7 comments:

Rick and Collette said...

I just got way too excited when I saw that you had updated your blog. I love it! I want more! So fun to see what you guys have been up to. Will is just as cute as I remember. Miss you guys!

maremee said...

A blog post? What are you trying to do, show everyone (and I mean me when I say everyone) up? :) I'm a little frightened to hear that the cookie monster has escaped from the basement. He was a good roomie when I was visiting, but upstairs? Hopefully, he'll behave. Congratulations to Grant on his awesomeness and trash kicking law school-ness. Love you all and now missing you all even more.

Jared and Jessica said...

'Bout time you updated! Thought you were lost :) What a handsome little man you have. I love the pictures of him running around with his cape! I love the nursery story too! Ha ha!

Brooketrout said...

I guess I am as impressed with you posting as I am with checking blogs!!! Fun to see the pictures and the story about Will "being so frustrated!!" HA! I love it! I just want to know if he got that word from you or Grant? I think it could go either way!! Wish that you guys could come out sometime now that we finally have a little bit of space to let you stay! We miss you like crazy and hope the summer goes without too much humidity and even less tornados! Love you all!

Gilbrides said...

Such great family pictures!!! Will is so grown-up and so handsome! How fun to have a visit from Marianne. Looks like such great times! Hope you are all doing really well!

Allison Mullin said...

YAY! Blog update!! I love all the stories of Will and the pictures of him featuring the shirt we got in Italy! :) I'm glad you guys are doing so great! I hope we get to see you soon. Will looks so big in those pictures with his butterflies! I couldn't believe it! We miss you guys so much! Hope we get to see you soon!!!!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

That's funny (but not too surprising) that Will is such a great conversationalist. 8) He's getting so big and is so cute!