3.28.2009

A Little Update

  So I feel like I haven't posted anything for a while.  Two weeks ago we had Grant's mom and dad come and visit us for a few days and then Tanner and Lupe were able to come down for a day at the last minute.  It was a lot of fun having them around and luckily everyone was able to enjoy some nice Phoenix sun.  On Thursday, Grant, Will, Peggy and I all went shopping.  We went down to Arizona Mills mall because they have a ton of outlet stores there and with Peggy's incredible shopping skill of finding a bargain, we knew for sure she would enjoy herself.  I think we all had the most fun in The Children's Place because there were so many cute little outfits for Will.  


Will trying on a little blazer & hat!

  The next day we went to the zoo for a couple of hours with his parents.  I think everyone's favorite part was the monkey exhibit.  They have a little area that you can go in and there are about 20 monkeys all over the place.  It surprised me how little they were.  One of the workers said that they are only 2 pounds when they are fully grown.  






  Later that night we went to our ward's activity because they were having indian fry bread and some indian dancer. 
  On Saturday, we went to the Botanical Gardens here in Phoenix and saw the glass sculpture exhibit by Chiluly.  They were amazing!  We also got to so and see the butterfly exhibit as well.  Towards the end of the night, Will was getting a little excited about everything going on and discovered a new sound he could make.  Needless to say, it was not a sound I would encourage him to do.  It was a loud squawking sound from the back of his throat.  He would make that noise and people from all around would turn and look to see who or what was making that sound!  Grant and I booked it out of there pretty quick and let his parents and Tanner and Lupe finish seeing the gardens.  At dusk and after the sun goes down, they light up all the sculptures which I think would have been really cool to have seen.  That night we also went to Pappadeaux's Seafood Kitchen, which is one of Grant's dad's favorite.  The food was great and we all had fun being able to just spend time with one another. 












   The weather down here in Phoenix has been so nice, for a while there we were up in the 80s and high 70s.  It is hard to remember that it is (or was at the time) still winter.  So this last week on my day off from the hospital, Grant and I decided to take Will down to the pool for the first time.  At first I just carried him right down into the water, but I think it was a little too much of a shock for him and so he started to whimper and cry a little.  I ended up holding him on my lap at the edge of the pool for about 2o minutes while Grant swam around and would occasionally come a splash water on Will's feet.  We finally got him to stand on the first step and than sit on the first step and eventually he went down to the second step.  After a while of doing this, he finally let Grant hold him and swim around the pool for a little bit.  One thing is for sure, as of right now, he is no dare devil.  He definitely wants to check things out before jumping in.  However, he was by far the cutest person at the pool that day, even with a little belly!







9 comments:

lindsay said...

oh my gosh...he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! and he looks so happy! i cant wait to see this little guy again, he looks like a lot of fun for such a little dude!

maremee said...

Finally some more pictures and a post! I'm so jealous of your warm weather.

p.s. you and Grant are looking really skinny, what's your secret? Please don't say restraint and diet.

Nances said...

What a fun time! You look so good Teresa. Will is SO adorable, I love his little hats and glasses :)Call me when you come to Utah we will definatly come down to Springville.

Kelsey M. said...

The lil' squishers is getting so big! He's so stinkin adorable.

Allison Mullin said...

The first swimming picture looks like Baby GQ! Sooo cute! Pretty funny swimming trunks too! I've been looking at weekends in the summer to come visit you guys...hopefully early summer to avoid that heat...but I'd still sacrifice the heat to hang out with you guys and the stinker! Love you!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

Will is so cute! Thanks for posting all the pictures. It would be so great to get together with you guys some time. I'm really jealous of the warm weather in AZ.

Mindy said...

I love those pictures of Will in his sun glasses. I am impressed you got him to keep them on. I could never get Kensington to keep glasses on.

Malinda said...

ahhh, we love you guys! Hopefully we will see you soon!

Ali said...

Your little boy is adorable! It is good to see you guys and get an update.